Let's talk now about the gear I happen to use:
- A Swissgear notebook backpack (Thanks Tora!)
- My 15" MacBook Pro (it has 4GB of RAM compared to the base model). I also happen to be selling it after I've seen the specs of the new ones.
Then, a whole lot of other items I was a bit surprised to find when I unloaded the backpack yesterday to wash it:
Let's see (right to left):
- My Orange 3G modem. I rarely need it while in Timisoara. While visiting my parent though it's almost useless since it goes over EDGE, meaning it's slower than dialup. Handy as a last resort but I won't renew the subscription with Orange when it expires.
- My 8G iPod Touch, USB cable and iPhone headset (I use this headset since it also has the microphone, unlike the original iPod headset). I almost never listen to music though, it's just for testing if we have an iPhone project to develop.
- Nokia E71 USB charger (you can barely see it since it's black -- right next to the iPod cables)
- My 2010 diary
- A fountain pen -- I like writing with a fountain pen, a ballpoint pen ruins your handwriting.
- A ballpoint pen
- Lots of wet tissues (including one from KFC apparently).
- Some pills
- A key I forgot about
- A Wenger Swiss Army knife (thanks dad)
- Company stamp. I don't carry this always, but you need it for almost everything company-related here.
- Bureaucratic papers.
- A small yellow note book for quick note-taking
- Some leftover sugar from some coffee I bought probably. Forgot about these -- it's very easy to lose stuff in the backpack.
Besides these items, sometimes I have in the external pockets a small umbrella, tissues and perhaps a 500ml bottle of water.
There you are: the gear of a modern day fremen. Stillsuit not included.
Post a Comment